Read Hebrews 5:11-6:3
“There is much more we would like to say about this, but it is difficult to explain, especially since you are spiritually dull and don’t seem to listen.You have been believers so long now that you ought to be teaching others. Instead, you need someone to teach you again the basic things about God’s word.You are like babies who need milk and cannot eat solid food.For someone who lives on milk is still an infant and doesn’t know how to do what is right.Solid food is for those who are mature, who through training have the skill to recognize the difference between right and wrong.
So let us stop going over the basic teachings about Christ again and again. Let us go on instead and become mature in our understanding. Surely we don’t need to start again with the fundamental importance of repenting from evil deeds and placing our faith in God. You don’t need further instruction about baptisms, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment. And so, God willing, we will move forward to further understanding.”
- What is the “basic milk” of our faith?
- What is the solid food we should crave?
- How can we feast on that food?
- What will moving forward to further understanding look like? (not sticking with what is familiar and safe – out of the boat – e.g. Peter walking on the water…)
- Can we ever stop growing spiritually?
- What things do we choose over the feast of solid food God has in store for us? Why?
- How can we make better choice?
Read Colossians 3:23
“Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people.”
Everything we do has to be done as a representative of Christ – that means everything we do has to be done with spiritual maturity, with a higher standard than the world.
- How does that affect:
- Day to day life?